Tuesday, November 30, 2010

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things


Okay, so I'm no Oprah, but I'd love to do what a lot of other bloggers are doing and share some of my FAVORITE things with you.

1. Gummy Vitamins for Adults

All that throwing up I did while pregnant may not have been morning sickness. It could have been my prenatals. Vitamins make me barf. These don't. Yay.


2 Spray Paint. Oil Rubbed Bronze, Heirloom White, Blue Ocean Breeze

I just want to kiss my spray paint. Is that weird?

3. Frozen Chopped Onions

Did you know you can buy frozen chopped onions at the grocery store for about $1 a bag? I haven't chopped an onion in 10 years. They are always on hand and you don't have to worry about them getting all sprouty and weird in the pantry. Or are those potatoes? Whatev.

4. Clairol Root touch up.

It's cheap, it blends perfectly, and it saves me big bucks. Tom did if for me last night, oh yes he did, and it looks fabulous!

5. Melatonin.

I have a child who has a lot of trouble falling asleep at night. A friend who has a child with ADHD recommended melatonin and my child loves it. 3 mgs a night and it's so much easier to drift off. Please check with your doctor if you want to try this.

6. Moroccan Miracle Oil. My hairdresser calls my "hair coarse and unruly." Waaaah. This oil helps smooth things down. The oilier the better.

7. Modern Family. What's not to love? Cameron in bike shorts? Gloria's accent? There's something for everyone on this show. Anyone have a spare Season One DVD sitting around?




8. Jane Austen. My fave author by far. Strong heroines, witty banter, idiotic relatives-- kind of like Modern Family without the modern. Great movie adaptations, too!


9. Craigslist. I don't think I'm smart enough to do eBay, but I have been trying to earn some Christmas money by selling things on Craigslist. Purging makes me happy.

I'm excited to try Craigs Easy, a new bookmark that organizes photos of what you have searched.

10. Used Clothes. Inexpensive AND good for the environment (especially since I've been depleting the ozone with all that spray paint). And if I start to look out of style or shabby you will tell me, right? RIGHT?
I hope you've enjoyed my list.

What are a few of YOUR favorite things?

15 comments:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Your blog is one of my favorite things.

:)

Kristina P. said...

That root stuff works, huh? I'm always worried it won't match my all over color.

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

It's kind of like faxes, or the internet, Kristina. I don't know how it works, but it does!

Christy said...

I'm with you on Jane Austen! My faves? Prosecco, chocolate covered pretzels, spanx, thin mints, enchiladas, and vacations to Anna Maria Island Florida. Just off the top of my head. Oh, and girls weekends and girls nights out. Speaking of, we have to plan one for February when Jill is in town, if she has time for it! Loved this post - but it appeared in my reader today and is dated Tuesday?

L said...

Oooh! Thin Mints! Today's faves: my Kindle, Holy Yoga, being snowed in, cereal for dinner, An Inch of Gray, Momastery.

Unfaves: dog that keeps escaping.

L said...

and by ooh on thin mints I meant ooh, yum! :)

dearheart said...

I love how your readers could have predicted a few of these favorite things (e.g. spray paint, (cheap) hair dye and clothes, Craig's list). (: I too love a bargain and also buttery pastries, baths and beachy vacations. B stuff, I guess.

Elisa @ What the Vita said...

Great list!
Jane Austen. I haven't read her but I have been meaning to... That's it, I'm gonna read one of her books over Christmas break. Which one would you recommend for me to start with?

I can't find my blog said...

I've never used spray paint. I know! Tutorial, please?

And I agree with Ellen!

Nichole@40daysof said...

Anna,
I completely missed this one. And even funnier, I did one a few days later! Yours is better. Mine did not contain Jane Austen. :)

http://40daysof.wordpress.com/2010/12/03/raindrops-on-roses-and-whiskers-on-kittens/

for a different kind of girl said...

I've debated the root touch up stuff for a long time, so long, in fact, that I think my hair grows gray while I stand there at Walgreen's, so I have to opt for the full color, vowing next time...

'Modern Family' is bliss. I love that show.

My newest favorite thing? My nook. I'm a tangible book lover through and through, but I just got a nook as a 'birthday, Christmas, sorry for all the bad, bad gifts I've given you over the years' present from my husband, and I think I kissed it. Then I kissed my husband. Seemed the right thing to do. :)

Jill said...

Love your list! And today I took one of your ideas and bought gummy vitamins! They surprisingly don't taste bad. :)

Megan said...

I just found your blog (yes - I must have been living under a rock). A few of my favorite things are also on your list... the Moroccan Oil - just got this a few weeks ago - it is a life saver. Also- Spray paint. I can't live without it. I am a huge fan of Montana Cans- they have more colors than you would ever know what to do with!

Megan said...

Also- Craigeasy changed my life! You must try it now!!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I just read all ten of the last posts I missed (10! where have I been?) do I will start commenting now.

I miss Modern Family. It's on too early and we don't have DVR, and our current computer doesn't do streaming. I'm so sad.

I don't think it's strange to want to kiss your favorite spray paint. I feel that way about fabric.


And I never tire of Jane Austen. Have you read The Jane Austen Book Club? I saw the movie first and loved it so much that I read the book. Even better of course. My favorite movie adaptation was Sense and Sensibility. I always cry.